Fixes: - Implemented security enhancement solution.
Versions: - ME Firmware: 184.108.40.2066
- Integrated Graphics Option ROM: Build 2158 PC 14.34
- LAN Option ROM: v1404 PXE 2.1 Build 091
- Ivy Bridge EFI driver (GOP): 3.0.1023
- Sandy Bridge EFI driver (GOP): 2.0.1024
- Visual BIOS: 1.2.15
Which file to choose: - Recovery BIOS Update [GK0058.BIO] - A .BIO file to be used for F7 BIOS Update method or a BIOS recovery process. In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. Use the recovery BIOS update to recover from this condition. It requires a USB flash device or CD.
- iflash BIOS Update [GKPPT10H.86A.0058.BI.ZIP] - A DOS-based utility to update the BIOS regardless of operating system. It requires a USB flash device or CD.
- Express BIOS Updates: GKPPT10H.86A.0058.EB.EXE - Self-extracting Windows-based update file, designed to be used on Windows systems. This method is the most commonly used.
- Express BIOS Updates: GKPPT10H.86A.0058.EB.WINPE64.EXE – for WinPE - Self-extracting Windows-based update file, designed to be used with either Microsoft Windows PE.x64 or Microsoft Windows x64 operating systems.
IMPORTANT: - The memory reference code in BIOS version 0046 was updated as a part of the changes made in the BIOS to meet Microsoft Windows 8.1 requirements. This new memory code no longer supports 1066 MHz memory modules.
- If you are using 1066 MHz memory and update to BIOS version 0046 or later, the Intel NUC will no longer boot and you’ll see a memory-related 3-blink pattern on the blue LED. To resolve this problem, you will need to install 1333 or 1600 MHz memory and recover back to 0042.
- Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version is not recommended and may not be supported. An earlier BIOS version may not contain the support for the latest processors, bug fixes, critical security updates, or support for the latest board revisions currently being manufactured.
- Update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. We do not recommend BIOS updates for computers that do not need it.
- If a BIOS update process is interrupted, your computer may not function properly. We recommend the process be done in an environment with a steady power supply (preferably with UPS).
- This new memory code no longer supports 1066 MHz memory modules.
About OS Independent BIOS: Although installing a newer BIOS version might add new features, update various components, or improve the device’s usability, this process is very risky, so the upgrade is recommended to be performed only when it is really needed.
In addition to that, this task should be performed by someone who has the knowledge to successfully complete the installation; regular users may fulfill it at their own risk.
When it comes to applying a new version without taking into account the computer’s operating system, the most commonly used method to flash the BIOS is by creating a bootable USB or CD containing the update file, and running it from DOS.
Still, regardless of the method used or whether the upgrade is performed by a regular or power user, it’s recommended that the new BIOS be applied in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit.
The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is a very important software that loads the currently installed OS, and tests all of the system’s hardware components – so make sure you flash it correctly.
Bear in mind that failing to perform a successful installation could seriously damage your device, and the faulty BIOS resulted from the process might even render it unusable.
About BIOS Update Utility: Applying a new BIOS version can bring various fixes, add new features, or improve existing ones; however, this action is very risky and should be carefully carried out in a steady power environment (such as the one ensured by a UPS unit), and only when it is really needed.
Moreover, it is recommended that the BIOS be upgraded by someone who has the ability to use advanced system features. It can also be fulfilled by a regular user as well, but at their own risk.
The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is a highly important piece of software that loads the currently installed operating system and tests all hardware components – so make sure you flash it correctly.
When it comes to changing the BIOS version, the update utility searches for a compatible package in any given location or on the web and, if found, it will automatically install the desired build, if and when your approval is given.
Do take into account that failing to perform the installation could seriously damage your system, and the faulty BIOS might even render it unusable.
Therefore, if you intend to upgrade your BIOS, hit the download button, get and install the package, and run the utility to check if a newer version is available. Don’t forget to check with our website as often as possible to be up to date with the latest releases.
ShareWareABC.Com tested Intel DCCP847DYE NUC Kit BIOS 0058 on 30 Aug 2015 and found CLEAN, which means that it does not contain any form of malware (spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors). However, this product will be re-tested periodically and the award may be withdrawn, so you should check back this page, especially the date of testing shown above.