Intel S5520HCT Server Board BIOS 1.00.0066 description
Changes: - Adds validation to EFI variables, removes iflash32 setup control option from BIOS
- Implements lightweight sign feature: BIOS module will validate the capsule file when updating
- Prevents invalid variables
- Removes iflash32 setup control from R0065 (syscfg control remains)
KNOWN ISSUES: - OFU cannot be used to update R0066.
- AMIBCP does not work with R0066
- BIOS R54 has implemented the Recovery process enhancement solution to fix the recovery dependency of the BIOS variables. When customer enables both recovery Jumper and Clear CMOS jumper, BIOS variables in VPD area will be cleared and CMOS values will be set to default.
- BIOS R0048 and later: Intel Xeon Processor 5600 series A0 stepping no longer supported.
- BIOS R0037 requires a firm key press during POST to get a key accepted.
- For S5500BC, S5520HC, S5500HCV, S5520SC, S5520UR, S5500WB & S5500WB12V Platforms, please ensure that the BMC FW installed is v0.31 or later before updating to the R0029 or later BIOS release. Using BIOS R0029 with any BMC FW prior to v0.31 could cause the system to automatically shutdown upon A/C power cycles.
- The UEFI iFlash32 BIOS Update Utility should only be used after the R0018 or later BIOS version is properly installed on your system. Refer to the section regarding INSTALLATION NOTES above.
- If performing BIOS recovery process and the system hangs at POST Code 0x34 before the BIOS POST screen appears, it may a require a warm reset via the front panel or AC power cycle for recovery to properly detect the recovery media and load
About OS Independent BIOS: Although installing a newer BIOS version might add new features, update various components, or improve the device’s usability, this process is very risky, so the upgrade is recommended to be performed only when it is really needed.
In addition to that, this task should be performed by someone who has the knowledge to successfully complete the installation; regular users may fulfill it at their own risk.
When it comes to applying a new version without taking into account the computer’s operating system, the most commonly used method to flash the BIOS is by creating a bootable USB or CD containing the update file, and running it from DOS.
Still, regardless of the method used or whether the upgrade is performed by a regular or power user, it’s recommended that the new BIOS be applied in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit.
The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is a very important software that loads the currently installed OS, and tests all of the system’s hardware components – so make sure you flash it correctly.
Bear in mind that failing to perform a successful installation could seriously damage your device, and the faulty BIOS resulted from the process might even render it unusable.
So, if this release includes useful changes, hit the download button, get the package, and update your BIOS version. Otherwise, check with our website as often as possible, so that you don’t miss the release that you need.
Intel S5520HCT Server Board BIOS 1.00.0066 - "ShareWareABC.Com 100% CLEAN" AWARD
ShareWareABC.Com tested Intel S5520HCT Server Board BIOS 1.00.0066 on 30 Aug 2015 and found CLEAN, which means that it does not contain any form of malware (spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors). However, this product will be re-tested periodically and the award may be withdrawn, so you should check back this page, especially the date of testing shown above.