Bug Fixes: - Normal users cannot play transcoded videos in Private Collection in Video Station (only administrators can play them).
- When you disable LED lights, enter hibernation mode and then resume the system, the LED lights will still be enabled.
- If a USB device is connected and you upgrade to 4.1.4 build 0804 there is a chance that the system will not recognize the USB device.
- The TS-x79 series NAS does not support sleep mode. This option has been removed from these NAS models.
- Motion detection is not triggered in Surveillance Station on ARM-based NAS.
- Fails to connect to the NAS while uploading files in Photo Station 5.
- For some power supplies, the NAS reports a power supply error in the system logs.
- The TS-x31 series and TS-269H fail to use FTP via SSL/TLS.
Enhancement: - Allows showing notifications about QTS Beta firmware available in Live Update.
Notice: - We recommend that you upgrade the built-in PHP by downloading the PHP app 5.5.26 (or newer) from the App Center to address multiple vulnerabilities. Please follow the automatic notifications to ensure your PHP is always current.To ensure reliability, users should check for compatibility before upgrading.
- We recommend that you upgrade the built-in MySQL by downloading the QMariaDB app 5.5.44 (or newer) from the App Center to address multiple vulnerabilities. Please follow the automatic notifications to ensure your QMariaDB is always current. To ensure reliability, users should check for compatibility before upgrading.
About Network-Attached Storages: Upgrading the Network-Attached Storage (NAS) firmware can improve the system’s overall performance, stability, and security by adding various fixes for related issues, enhancing existing features (or adding support for new ones), or updating different applications.
Due to the high number of NAS manufacturers, as well as network storage types, installing a new firmware might not be always as easy as it appears – and not too safe either. Failing to perform a software update can cause serious malfunctions to the network storage.
So, before you even consider applying this release, carefully read the installation guide and initiate the process only when you have understood and completely familiarized yourself with all the steps.
Moreover, it would be best if you take into account using a UPS unit (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to perform this task, because no power disruption should affect the upgrade.
With all these aspects in mind, after you have read the installation guide, click the download button to apply this firmware version to your NAS. Remember to check back with our website in order to stay up to speed with the latest releases.
ShareWareABC.Com tested QNAP TVS-871 TurboNAS QTS Firmware 4.1.4.0820 on and found CLEAN, which means that it does not contain any form of malware (spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors). However, this product will be re-tested periodically and the award may be withdrawn, so you should check back this page, especially the date of testing shown above.