- Resolved security vulnerability (CVE-2018-1160) - Netatalk Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability.
- Resolved Authentication bypass vulnerability (CVE-2019-9950).
- Resolved Unauthenticated file upload vulnerability (CVE-2019-9951).
- Resolved remote backup issue when selecting multiple folders.
- Resolved empty zip file issue in Webfile Viewer.
- Important: Make sure you stop all processes and save all your data before performing the firmware update.
- Note: Do not interrupt the firmware upgrade process. Doing so may cause the device to malfunction or unable to boot.
- If you are using the manual update method, do not rename the firmware file. Doing so will cause the manual update to fail and can corrupt the system.
- Download the firmware to your desktop.
- Unzip the file and you will find the actual firmware.
- Save this to your desktop.
- Open the My Cloud Dashboard UI.
- Go to Settings >> Firmware Update.
- Under the section Manual Update, click the Update From File button and a window will open.
- Browse to where you saved the unzipped file and select it.
- You will see a pop up confirming to upgrade your firmware, click Ok.
Upgrading the Network-Attached Storage (NAS) firmware can improve the system's overall performance, stability, and security by adding various fixes for related issues, enhancing existing features (or adding support for new ones), or updating different applications.
Due to the high number of NAS manufacturers, as well as network storage types, installing a new firmware might not be always as easy as it appears – and not too safe either. Failing to perform a software update can cause serious malfunctions to the network storage.
So, before you even consider applying this release, carefully read the installation guide and initiate the process only when you have understood and completely familiarized yourself with all the steps.
Moreover, it would be best if you take into account using a UPS unit (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to perform this task, because no power disruption should affect the upgrade.
With all these aspects in mind, after you have read the installation guide, click the download button to apply this firmware version to your NAS. Remember to check back with our website in order to stay up to speed with the latest releases.
WD My Cloud PR4100 NAS Firmware 2.31.174
WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Firmware 2.31.174
WD My Cloud DL4100 NAS Firmware 2.31.174
WD My Cloud DL2100 NAS Firmware 2.31.174
WD My Cloud EX4100 NAS Firmware 2.31.174
WD My Cloud EX2100 NAS Firmware 2.31.174