- Before updating the firmware on your drive, make sure you have a copy of all the data on your drive stored on a separate device.
- An available USB port on your computer is required. Your drive MUST be connected to your computer through the USB port to update the firmware.
- If you are using a laptop, please make sure the battery is sufficiently charged
- During the firmware update, DO NOT disconnect or disrupt the power to the drive.
- All AntiVirus software MUST be disabled.
- All Anti-Spyware software MUST be disabled.
- ANY and ALL programs that would require drive access during the update MUST be disabled .
- An internet connection is required to install the firmware update.
IMPORTANT: The following precautions should be taken before installing the firmware update.
SharewareABC suggest you to use the most recent driver version.
Before install this driver we recommend to set a restore point. This way you can reverse system if the driver is wrong.
WD SmartWare Software 2.4.12
WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage Firmware 02.43.09-038
WD My Cloud Mirror Personal Storage Firmware 1.05.36
WD My Cloud EX4 Personal Cloud Storage Firmware 1.05.36
WD My Cloud EX4100 NAS Firmware 1.06.133
WD My Cloud EX2 Personal Storage Firmware 1.05.36